Got our delicious Vanilla Cupcakes Baking Mix and are ready to bake them up?
Your instructions are below incase you need them and if you want to see how easy they are to make you can always check out our videos. We also have great tips and tricks on all our baking mixes in there too so take a peek. If you have any questions at all please let us know, you can send us a DM, email or via our contact us page. We are always happy to chat and no question is to big or small.
You can also find the instructions for the Buttercream Here
What you need to add:
100g Unsalted butter at room temp
2 eggs at room temp
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
How to make our delicious Cupcakes:
- Take your butter and eggs out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature
- Pre-Heat Oven to 135 degrees and prep your cupcake tray with 12 cupcake patty liners
- Chop the room temp butter into small pieces and add it into your stand mixer, mix the butter on medium – high speed for 3 minutes until the butter is light in colour and looks smooth. Scrape down the bowl halfway and again once it is finished mixing so the butter isn’t sticking to the bottom. This step is called ‘creaming the butter’
- Add your Bake it Cupcake Baking Mix, eggs and vanilla and start to mix on a lowest speed so you don’t end up with a flour filled kitchen!
- As the batter is mixing on low slowly pour in your milk not too fast or it will splash on you
- Mix for 1 minute, stop your mixer and scrape the sides/base of the bowl so nothing gets missed while the batter is mixing
- On a medium speed mix your batter for an additional 2-3 minutes until it is all combined and is nice and creamy, if you need to you can also stop halfway and scrape the bowl sides and base to make sure nothing is getting left behind
- Evenly distribute your cupcake batter into the cupcake tray. Scoop about a tablespoon, just your regular kitchen tablespoon, into each to start and divide any leftover batter evenly. They will be about ½ full in each. Try your best to make them as even sized as possible
- Give the tray a couple of light taps (light not hard) on the bench top to even out any bumps in the batter
- Pop into the oven on the lower shelf to cook for 25 mins, you can check after 22 minutes to see if they are cooked, they will spring back up if you lightly press on top once they are ready or a skewer will come out clean but don’t open and close the oven too much.
- These cupcakes love to cook low and slow it is how you get the nice dome shape. If you put the temperature up, you will get un-even mountain peak style cupcakes and they may dry out
- Now here is the hard part, once they are cooked leave for 5 mins in the tray and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely but careful with your fingers, they are still hot
- You can eat these as is or follow our icing instructions to top these with delicious buttercream
- Store un-iced cupcakes in an airtight container for up to a week, they are a great addition to the freezer as well for about 4- 6 months un-iced.
Taste tip! Cupcakes are delicious on their own but even better topped with buttercream frosting and your favourite cuppa for a perfect little treat