These cheats vegemite and cheese scrolls are absolutely delicious and so easy to make you only need 3 ingredients to make them!
They are the perfect snacks for kids and a great school lunchbox snacks that your kids will absolutely love.
MAKES: 10 approx. PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOKING TIME: 10 MIN
1 packet of dough ball (available at Woolworths and Coles see notes for more info)
1 - 2 Tbsp Vegemite
1 Cup Grated Cheese
- Take your Dough Ball out of the fridge to come to room temp
- Use plain flour dusted over your bench or board to roll out your dough. Make sure you use flour underneath and dust your rolling pin so that it doesn't stick, these are a little stickier than home made pizza dough so flour is your best friend!
- Spread your vegemite as thick or thin as you like all over the top, I used a flat pallet (cake decorating) knife but you can use any flat non seated knife you have and work in small sections, once you get started and spreading it it's get easier
- Add a layer of cheese all over the top of the vegemite
- Dust your fingers with some flour to make it easier and start to roll your dough from one edge to the other and it forms a log. You want to roll it quite tightly not too loose otherwise there will be big gaps
- Use a sharp knife and again dust some flour on so it doesn't stick and cut your scrolls about 3-4cm wide pieces
- You can add a little extra cheese on top if you like too before popping it into the oven
- Place upright on a baking tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until they are golden brown
- And enjoy!
You will find the dough balls in the fridge section of your supermarket with the ravioli and lasagna sheets
If you want to see how we made this you can check out our reel here
You can pop these in the freezer for up to 3 months and they are perfect eaten either hot or cold