Pancakes are so easy to make and one the kids will absolutely love, it's the perfect weekend breaky option that you don't need many ingredients for. You can also serve these with your favourite toppings, personally I love it with lemon and sugar yum!
MAKES: 5 PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOKING TIME: 4 MIN EACH
1 Cup Plain Flour
1 cup of milk (approx.)
- Add your flour, egg and milk into a bowl
- Whisk really well, you can use a machine but I just do it by hand it doesn't take too long at all
- The amount of milk you add depends on the consistency you like if your making a thinner pancake like I have you will use a whole cup if you like them thicker then use less milk. With the full cup it will be a nice runny consistency not a thick mixture
- Once it's all combined and there is no lumps it's time to cook
- Heat your frypan on a medium temp with a small amount of butter (any butter is fine) and swirl it around the pan
- Scoop about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of mixture into the pan and swirl the pan as you pour so it spreads out nice and evenly into a circle shape. Don't worry if they go a bit misshapen they still taste just as good :)
- Once cooking you will start to see bubbles form on the top and it starts to cook through, flip it over to cook on the other side. Approx 2 minutes each side
- Repeat this step until your mixture is gone. I like to keep the pan on a medium heat not high as it can get quite hot and you want your pancakes to cook not burn
- Serve right away with your favourite toppings. I love these topped with lemon and sugar which is what we always had as kids rolled up and cut into pieces.
This makes about 5 - 6 Pancakes depending how thick you make the mixture and how much you put in the pan. But this recipe is so easy if you want more pancakes just double it to 2 eggs, 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of milk. If your mixture is a little thick just add more milk, you want it to be a runnier consistency for pancakes to make the pancakes beautifully thin and delicious.